Possible Last Words & Epitaphs


Possible Last Words & Epitaphs

 

 

I came, I saw, I puttered

 

* * * *

Thank god it is over

 

* * * *

Finally, a good night’s sleep

 

* * * *

Non fui non sum non curo

(I was not, I am not, I care not)

 

* * * *

Didn’t ask to be here, never prayed to be stayin’

 

* * * *

Well, that was harsh

 

* * * *

Pffft!

 

* * * *

A tolerably good show.

Thanks for being in one here-now or another.

Au revoir and bon voyage.

 

* * * *

I told you I didn’t feel well

 

* * * *

Home, sweet home

 

* * * *

To the last dime

 

* * * *

Finally, some real rest

 

* * * *

Adios, amigos!

 

* * * *

So long, see you in your dreams

 

* * * *

Hooah!

 

* * * *

Like riding a bike

 

* * * *

We come, we go, but Earth abides

 

* * * *

Oblivion or bust!

 

* * * *

So it goes strikes again

 

* * * *

Th-th-th-that's all folks!

 

* * * *

It is done

 

* * * *

Never again

 

* * * *

Suffer me not another day

 

* * * *

Sum quod eris

(I am what you will be)

 

* * * *

Please, please, no, no! Don’t send me back!

 

* * * *

It has to end someday, why not today?

 

* * * *

Power … Fame … Fortune … Where art thou now?

 

* * * *

Just too fucking annoying anymore

 

* * * *

Don’t know, don’t care

 

* * * *

No more tomorrow, no more yesterday,

Naught but the unborn eternal.

Yay oh yay oh yay.

 

* * * *

Resting in peace

 

* * * *

Vanity, Vanity … Where art thou now?

 

* * * *

Home again, naturally

 

* * * *

I came, I saw, I died

 

* * * *

Lived and learned, died anyway

 

* * * *

See ya in hell, boys and girls.

No, wait, aren't we already here?

 

* * * *

Bon voyage

 

* * * *

There is no fate which cannot be surmounted by scorn ~ Albert Camus

 

* * * *

Done, done, the damage done

 

* * * *

Goodbye, absurd world

 

* * * *

Legacy … Posterity … Pfft!

 

* * * *

Home at last

 

* * * *

Look, Mom, I’m a worm now!

 

* * * *

Finally!

 

* * * *

Ciao ciao

 

* * * *

There’s no place like home

 

* * * *

Getting old was getting old

 

* * * *

Once was enough

 

* * * *

Go away kid, ya bother me

 

* * * *

One life was more than enough

 

* * * *

Now only worms and crawly things have to put up with me

 

* * * *

As if it all never happened

 

* * * *

Only too happy to let it all go

 

* * * *

More was no longer necessary anyway

 

* * * *

Neither alive nor dead, I Am

 

* * * *

So long ago, so far away

 

* * * *

I did it my way

 

* * * *

The Old Man and the Sea

 

* * * *

I was bored

 

* * * *

Was tired of being a cancer cell, anyway

 

* * * *

Camping out in oblivion

 

* * * *

A curious show, already forgotten

 

* * * *

Nope, still not missing it

 

* * * *

Peter Pan is dead, long live Peter Pan

 

* * * *

Got the gist,

Good-bye, shalom,

Cheerio, adios, ciao, aloha,

Sayonara, bon voyage, adiós, adieu,

Arrivederci, auf wiedersehen,

Au revoir, ta-ta for now.

 

* * * *

Despite all the doors, there is only one exit

 

* * * *

It really does not matter

 

* * * *

Heaven is the absence of pain and remorse and guilt

 

* * * *

It is what it is

 

* * * *

Once upon a dream

 

* * * *

Why wait for the Fates to decide my end by some other foul hand?

Whose hand was better suited for my own departure than my own?

 

* * * *

If I was a serial killer, I got away with it

 

* * * *

Peter Pan does not do old

 

* * * *

Feeding daisies

 

* * * *

Holding on to nothing

 

* * * *

It was time to join the Dead Poets Society

 

* * * *

Creepies and crawlies and dust am I

 

* * * *

Didn’t feel like waiting

 

* * * *

This is what the AMA did for me

 

* * * *

Couldn’t take it anymore

 

* * * *

Enough was enough

 

* * * *

The AMA can’t get me now

 

* * * *

Sally on, Brave Knight

 

* * * *

Get out while the gettin’s good

 

* * * *

It was a good day to die

 

* * * *

The fate of many an AMA lab rat

 

* * * *

My kind of heaven

 

* * * *

No, it was not COVID-19

 

* * * *

No worries, no bothers here

 

* * * *

Why wait?

 

* * * *

This is what happens when you trust the AMA

 

* * * *

This is what happens when you trust the government

 

* * * *

The world and me were both done with each other

 

* * * *

Being a human being wasn’t all it was cracked up to be

 

* * * *

Meh

 

* * * *

I’m over it

 

* * * *

Try Not

Do, or Do Not

There is No Try

 

* * * *

Another fourth-quarter loss

 

* * * *

The seed is dead, long live the seed

 

* * * *

Finally, a good rest

 

* * * *

Toodle-oo

 

* * * *

About time

 

* * * *

Ta-ta for now

 

* * * *

I was tired of this world anyway

 

* * * *

Oblivion, my favorite

 

* * * *

This dream, this cosmos, no longer exists

 

* * * *

Gone, gone, the damage done

 

* * * *

Thank you, Mister Reaper, thank you

 

* * * *

Master of Nothing

 

* * * *

Cha-Ching!

 

* * * *

Bzzz bzzzz zz z z z

 

* * * *

Peace at last

 

* * * *

Hasta luego, indifferent world

TTFE: Ta-ta, forever

 

* * * *

I buried who, and who buried me

 

* * * *

Did not know, did not care

 

* * * *

Like it never happened

 

* * * *

Home, sweet home

Peace, sweet peace

Silence, sweet silence

Solitude, sweet solitude

Obscurity, sweet obscurity

Awareness, sweet awareness

Anonymity, sweet anonymity

Realization, sweet realization

Emptiness, sweet emptiness

Rightness, sweet rightness

Serenity, sweet serenity

Home, sweet home

 

* * * *

God is dead

Long live God

 

* * * *

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

 

* * * *

I am That

 

* * * *

I am This

 

* * * *

To be continued … maybe

 

* * * *

The hero is dead

Long live the hero

 

* * * *

Same you, no matter the mask

 

* * * *

Mystery, sweet mystery

 

* * * *

Where all stories end

 

* * * *

Maybe

 

* * * *

It was a good day to die; the day before would have been better.

 

* * * *

And some day it will be your turn

 

* * * *

And I never saw my face

 

* *  * *

Innocence regained

 

* * * *

Caring less

 

* * * *

Lived, learned, died anyway

 

* * * *

The Rabbit Hole of Consequences

 

* * * *

ADUSA!

Assume Dead Until Seen Again

 

* * * *

Back in Never Never Land

 

* * * *

Better here than a lab rat for science

 

* * * *

Dead man reclining

 

* * * *

Very inconvenient being born

 

* * * *

Eternity or bust

 

* * * *

Earn it

 

* * * *

One book, many titles

 

* * * *

One life, many hats

 

* * * *

Day ain’t over yet

 

* * * *

How’s the world getting along without me?

 

* * * *

Gone like the wind

 

* * * *

Destiny is dust

 

* * * *

Yes

No

Maybe

 

* * * *

Enough already

 

* * * *

Can’t get me here

 

* * * *

Oh well, so it went, dealt with it, got over it, moved on.

 

* * * *

Short no matter how long, long no matter how short.

 

* * * *

Dust to dust, unborn, undying

 

* * * *

Had enough

 

* * * *

The Unnatural Existence

 

* * * *

Destiny is all

 

* * * *

Death trumps destiny again

 

* * * *

Things You Might Have Done

 

* * * *

Sooner than later worked for me

 

* * * *

The price we pay

 

* * * *

Worm’s meat

 

* * * *

Hadn’t got time for the pain

Hadn’t the need for the pain

 

* * * *

Buh bye

 

* * * *

No more details here

 

* * * *

I quit

 

* * * *

Gone boy

 

* * * *

Why postpone the inevitable?

 

* * * *

Problem solved

 

* * * *

Oh well

 

* * * *

Win some, lose some, tie some, die anyway

 

* * * *

Live and learn, die anyway

 

* * * *

Just wasn’t interested in being old and crippled

 

* * * *

No absurdity here

 

* * * *

Oh, ye of little doubt

 

* * * *

The Man

The Myth

The Legend

 

* * * *

Aloof and free

 

* * * *

Why would you praise any god that did this to you?

 

* * * *

Why wait to go out on a bad day?

 

* * * *

Older than the stars, younger than the moment

 

* * * *

Huck Finn

Mowgli

Peter Pan

Jester Amok

Johnny Appleseed

The Joyful Curmudgeon

Sisyphus

 

* * * *

The race against futility is finally over

 

* * * *

All is awareness, awareness is all

 

* * * *

How's my race with dirt doing this fine day?

 

* * * *

Where all futures end

 

* * * *

The AMA can’t get me here

 

* * * *

There you are

 

* * * *

Those were the daze

 

* * * *

Needs research

 

* * * *

Observations from Hell

 

* * * *

You’re on deck, hombre

 

* * * *

Life is the muse

 

* * * *

Bye-Bye

 

* * * *

TTFN

 

* * * *

How freeing to not care

 

* * * *

Back to the moment

 

* * * *

Numbers don’t lie

 

* * * *

Nothing has just one cause

 

* * * *

The fate of every seed

 

* * * *

Truth serves no purpose

 

* * * *

What will be your last thought?

 

* * * *

The Groundhog Day Life

 

* * * *

What’s that breath doing now?

 

* * * *

Roses are red, violets are blue,

You will know I am dead,

When you’re down here, too.

 

* * * *

It seemed real at the time

 

* * * *

Knock-knock

 

* * * *

Not back yet

 

* * * *

Could you give me a hand with this lid?

 

* * * *

The true revolution

 

* * * *

Before the avalanche

 

* * * *

Infinity is not a number

 

* * * *

Where all rabbit holes end

 

* * * *

You know what to do

 

* * * *

Tarry on, Brave Knight

 

* * * *

Jester for hire

 

* * * *

Saw the list, and you’re on it

 

* * * *

Embrace your breath

 

* * * *

Surf the absurdly

 

* * * *

I can’t breathe

 

* * * *

The big lie

 

* * * *

Dead man walking

 

* * * *

Paradigms beyond counting

 

* * * *

Two-thumbs up for hemlock

 

* * * *

Ohhh-kayyy

 

* * * *

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

(I was not; I was; I am not; I care not)

Epicurus

 

* * * *

No dimension known

 

* * * *

The nada dimension

 

* * * *

The nada zone

 

* * * *

The twilight zone

 

* * * *

Yesterday showed up again

 

* * * *

Doubt, until the doubting’s done

 

* * * *

As original as original gets

 

* * * *

This is not a urinal, unless its Jack Daniels

 

* * * *

Premeditated is the best

 

* * * *

Just another genre

 

* * * *

The Priesthoods of Entitlement

 

* * * *

Am I back yet?

 

* * * *

Nothing means nothing

 

* * * *

The end of entitlement

 

* * * *

Déjà vu

 

* * * *

Holding fast

 

* * * *

The last stop

 

* * * *

The final illusion

 

* * * *

Fate is as fate does

 

* * * *

Another Monkey-Fist Day

 

* * * *

No way would I ever do that to my Self again

 

* * * *

Your turn tomorrow

 

* * * *

Savor the moment

 

* * * *

I did my part,

I said my piece,

I played my fate,

I had my fun,

And here

Is where it got me.

 

* * * *

Another yesterday

 

* * * *

No answers here

 

* * * *

That to which all are ordained

 

* * * *

The Wag of Time

 

* * * *

Hard to argue with a dead man

 

* * * *

No shit, Sherlock!

 

* * * *

Am I missing anything important?

 

* * * *

The worms do not care

 

* * * *

Yup, you will be forgetting that, too

 

* * * *

We all gots our fate

 

* * * *

All the folks I knew are finally dead

 

* * * *

See ya soon

 

* * * *

Said my piece, had my fun

 

* * * *

Yup, you will soon be forgotten, too

 

* * * *

All fates are imagined

 

* * * *

Another slab of meat

 

* * * *

How do you measure a moment?

 

* * * *

The first and last harbor

 

* * * *

Es ist gut

(It is good)

 

* * * *

Sapere aude

(Dare to be wise)

 

* * * *

Relativity reigns

 

* * * *

Rest assured, you are all but forgotten, as well

 

* * * *

Another yesterday underway

 

* * * *

The Devil may care

 

* * * *

Another good day to die

 

* * * *

Happily alone

 

* * * *

And visa-versa

 

* * * *

Wishing you were here

 

* * * *

Welcome to the spider’s den

 

* * * *

Dead before my time

 

* * * *

The end of all adventure

 

* * * *

My two cents

 

* * * *

What a scam

 

* * * *

Life, it’ll kill ya

 

* * * *

A cosmos of one

 

* * * *

Am I there, yet?

 

* * * *

The Dude abides

 

* * * *

Gone blank

 

* * * *

The end of labels

 

* * * *

Enough rarely is

 

* * * *

The feast is underway

 

* * * *

All welcome to dine within

 

* * * *

Diner open for business

 

* * * *

The last supper

 

* * * *

Ouch, that hurt

 

* * * *

Watch where yur stepping

 

* * * *

No heaven … no purgatory … no hell …

And not reincarnating yet, neither.

Exactly what I expected

 

* * * *

Oopsie

 

* * * *

Should have done this sooner

Could have done this sooner

Would have done this sooner

 

* * * *

Destiny in a nutshell

 

* * * *

No big deal

 

* * * *

No Witness, No History

 

* * * *

The end nighed

 

* * * *

Got it

 

* * * *

DNA’s Litany

 

* * * *

Lost in the Shuffle

 

* * * *

Fate is

 

* * * *

The destiny of all

 

* * * *

No life to live

 

* * * * 

Toying With Imagination

 

* * * *

A curiosity for truth snuffed without mercy

 

* * * *

Go away, Kid, ya bother me

 

* * * *

Go away, Kid, your Mother’s calling

 

* * * *

Do not, do not, do not, I repeat, do not, do what I did

 

* * * *

Let me out!

 

* * * *

Bring a shovel next time

 

* * * *

The fountain of youth is down here somewhere

 

* * * *

Go away!

 

* * * *

Haven’t you got anything better to do than gawk at headstones?

 

* * * *

Enjoy that breath

 

* * * *

Always question, always doubt

 

* * * *

The fountain of youth is within

 

* * * *

The last vanity

 

* * * *

Oh, for a time machine

 

* * * *

Only the dead know the end to absurdity

 

* * * *

There are worse fates

 

* * * *

No more stories

 

* * * *

Devil’s advocate for the gods

 

* * * *

Moi no more

 

* * * *

Got out with a few chips still on the table

 

* * * *

Life is a marathon, not a sprint

 

* * * *

Alone again, naturally

 

* * * *

Free at last

 

* * * *

Michael Jay Holshouser

 

Also known as:

 

Michael

Mike

Jay

M

007

Ged

Holtz

Specs

Mowgli

Paladin

Huck Finn

Lone Ranger

Joe Everyman

Johnny Appleseed

Andrew James Kurtz

The Joyful Curmudgeon

Sparrowhawk

Jester Amok

Muad'Dib

Peter Pan

Zen Mike

Phaedrus

Sisyphus

Yaj Ekim

 

November 14, 1953

to

To Be Determined

 

Taxi driver

Philosopher

Photographer

Forklift driver

Jack of Many

Hierophant

Madman

Sage

Fool

 

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

Possible Last Words & Epitaphs

http://www.thestillnessbeforetime.com/possiblelastwordsandepitaphs.pdf

© Michael J. Holshouser 2015

World Rights Reserved